All Governors can be contacted via the school office on 01233 621468.
Chair of the Governing Body: Mr Colin Watson
Vice Chair of Governors: Mrs Julie Lupton
Clerk to Governors: Mrs Lorraine Houps
If you wish to contact the Chair of Governors, please send an email: email@example.com
Governing Body Core Strategic Functions
Establishing the strategic direction, by:
- - Setting the vision, values, and objectives for the school
- - Agreeing the school improvement strategy with priorities and targets
- - Meeting statutory duties
Ensuring accountability, by:
- - Appointing the headteacher
- - Monitoring progress towards targets
- - Performance managing the headteacher
- - Engaging with stakeholders
- - Contributing to school self-evaluation
Ensuring financial probity, by:
- - Setting the budget
- - Monitoring spending against the budget
- - Ensuring value for money is obtained, with the money well spent
Please see the Governor responsibility tab at the foot of this page for detail on each Governor's area of responsibility.
The Governing Body of The Wyvern School is made up of the following Governors:
Mr Colin Watson
Mrs Julie Lupton
Mrs Samantha Whittingham
Mrs Alison Paul
Ms Jasmine Turner
Chair of Governors
Vice-Chair of Governors
Colin Watson Chair of Governors
My name is Colin Watson chair of governors at Wyvern school a role which I took on during 2023, I become a parent governor in 1999, just after my son started at the old school site in Willesborough, I was part of the governing body during the building and move of the school to the new site at Buxford and its subsequent extension to the school it is today.
I am married with 2 children and work for a local company as a Project Engineering Manager working on a wide variety of projects, this will with the team of Governors and their varied skill sets allow us to help the school to offer a wide varied educational experience which will get pupils ready for their future post Wyvern.